Kent County Kennel Licenses
Beginning January 1st, 2010, dog licensing in the State of Delaware will no longer be administered by the State; administration will be at the County level. Residents of Kent County will need to obtain dog licenses from the Kent County SPCA (KCSPCA).
Any person who maintains a kennel wherein more than 4 dogs are kept for show, trial, sale, breeding or other purposes may purchase a kennel license instead of individual dog owner licenses for each dog. Kennel licenses are purchased for each calendar year.
Kennel license applications for ALL counties can be picked up in person at the Kent County SPCA. Applicants should complete the application and return to the KCSPCA and an inspection appointment will be scheduled.
Current kennel license holders will be receiving information and applications in the mail.
- Kennels operating EXCLUSIVELY for hunting dogs (housing & breeding, but NOT for RESALE) of no more than 20 hunting dogs - $50
- Kennels operating with no more than 12 dogs - $68
- Kennels operating with no more than 25 dogs - $160
- Kennels operating with MORE than 25 dogs - $280
Ways to Purchase a Kent County Kennel License
- In person at the KCSPCA ONLY
Animal control is still the statewide responsibility of the Kent County SPCA. ALL animal control issues in ALL counties is under the authority and enforcement of Delaware Animal Control (DEACC) officers & the KCSPCA.
The following information is provided as a convenience to residents of New Castle & Sussex Counties
New Castle County & Sussex County Procedures
New Castle County Residents:
Sussex County Residents:
- Please call Sussex County Licensing at 302-855-7380 for instructions, or visit Sussex County's website (http://www.sussexcountyde.gov/e-service/doglicenses/). The KCSPCA can NOT issue or assist you with dog licenses if you reside in Sussex County.